I’ve wandered far from home, and I can feel that I am coming to the end of myself. Whispers in my heart call my name, from a voice that I cannot deny. The same voice that spoke and told the waters where to stop, speaks to the inner depths of who I am. Calling me home, beckoning for my to return. Mercy draws me to repentance, as grace covers my transgressions. A reassurance fills my spirit, reminding me of God’s faithfulness. I am nearly embarrassed to give him what is left of my broken heart.  I do not know how I ended up here, in this foreign land of uncertainty and unbelief. He meets me in my brokenness and I crumble under his presence, there is no high that can compare. I lay my scattered fragments of what remains at the foot of the cross, and I just sit there in his presence. Oh, I never want to leave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog