Hope

I've walked the lonely halls of hopelessness. The darkness is all consuming, the stench of impending doom fills the atmosphere. Nothing feels safe, nobody feels safe. Everywhere I turn is disappointment and heartache. Everyone who once meant anything to me is now a distant memory of another failed relationship. Failure has become my middle name, shame a close second. Echoes of the past haunt my dreams and memories alike. Uncertainties of the future torment me, whispering the lies that I am utterly alone. What is there to learn in a place of so much devastation? Would the God of the universe really reach into this dreadful place to redeem me? I know he is faithful, I have seen it first hand in the lives of other people. What about me though? When will he move mountains for me? I long for the days that my hope was set on a firm foundation, when nothing could shake me. The only hope I have left is the little bit of faith that I am clinging too. Dare I put my hope in one I cannot see? Can I truly cast my cares upon Him? In this place of desolation, I have nothing left to lose. So, here I am again, broken at the foot of the cross. Begging for strength, crying for freedom. A familiar peace calms me, and for a little while I see hope illuminated by the face of the Father. He is my only hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog